Your Ultimate News Destination

Why BJP MP Who Facilitated Intruders’ Entry Into Parliament Not Questioned Yet: Congress

The Congress questioned why BJP MP Pratap Simha, “who facilitated the entry of the two intruders” into the Lok Sabha, has not been questioned even a week after the incident, and blasted the government on Wednesday over the security breach in Parliament.

The attack by the opposition party was launched the day after 49 additional opposition MPs were suspended from the Lok Sabha for disruptive behavior on Tuesday, bringing the total number of MPs under investigation in both Houses of Parliament to 141. On Friday, the INDIA coalition declared nationwide demonstrations against the government.

Congress general secretary Jairam Ramesh stated in a post on X that the nation was shocked by a very serious security breach in the Lok Sabha precisely one week ago. An inquiry has begun, according to the prime minister, the home minister, and the speaker of the Lok Sabha. Alright, whatever.” “But why is it that even after seven days BJP MP Pratap Simha who facilitated the entry of the two intruders into the Lok Sabha has not yet been questioned?” he asked.

Given that the intruders have been charged under the UAPA, an anti-terrorist law, Mr. Ramesh described this as an extremely peculiar situation.

“Meanwhile, 142 INDIA MPs have been suspended for making the basic, straightforward and fully legitimate demand of a statement by the Home Minister in Parliament on the December 13 incidents,” said the minister.

Sanjay Singh, an AAP member, was suspended as a Rajya Sabha member on July 24, in addition to the 141 MPs who have been suspended for this session.

The government justified the action by accusing the suspended MPs of insulting the chairman of the Rajya Sabha, the speaker of the Lok Sabha, and the Parliament itself, even as the opposition bloc denounced as “undemocratic” the suspension of MPs for carrying placards calling for a statement from Home Minister Amit Shah regarding the security breach in Parliament.

On the anniversary of the 2001 Parliament terror attack, two men broke free from the public gallery during Zero Hour and leaped into the Lok Sabha chamber. They shouted slogans and let off yellow smoke from canisters before being overpowered by lawmakers.

Police apprehended the two at around the same time after they threw up slogans and let off yellow smoke from canisters outside the Parliament building. One of the others was a woman.

Share this article:
you may also like
Next magazine you need


most popular

what you need to know

in your inbox every morning